ReproScan ultrasound equipment is ideally suited for pregnancy testing feeder heifers in the feedlot. This ReproScan’s proven technology has helped improve the management and welfare of millions of feeder heifers in USA, Canada and Australia.
Management of Pregnant Heifers in the Feedlot
Here are some key points to consider:
- A significant number of feeder heifers may be pregnant on arrival at the feedlot.
- Pregnancy status is a very significant factor in the performance and welfare of heifers in the feedlot.
- Feedlot staff under the direction of a veterinarian can quickly learn to pregnancy test feeder heifers.
- The stage of pregnancy can be detected and pregnant heifer management protocols can be implemented using this information.
- The VGA output of the ReproScan XTC and BoviScan Curve allow the image to be easily and clearly displayed on a large flat screen monitor. ReproScan can provide a 19” / 50 cm 5:4 LED monitor for your feedlot.
- The use of the ReproArm along with the ReproScan XTC or BoviScan Curve allows feedlot personnel to pregnancy test feeder heifers without putting their arms into the heifers. This is a very significant safetly factor.
- It is very cost effective to pregnancy test feeder heifers on arrival in the feedlot using ReproScan Veterinary Ultrasound equipment.